- To understand and prevent occupational disease
- To link researchers from a broad range of disciplines and perspectives to study occupational exposures, mechanisms, and disease.
- To work with workplace parties, providers, and policy makers to disseminate and apply findings in a useful way.
- To conduct and encourage research that makes a difference.
- To build our research programs and to conduct research in occupational disease through a coordinated, strategic approach which will address primary, secondary and tertiary prevention.
- To build research capacity through mentoring and training students, fellows, and junior faculty; connecting system partners; and building our research infrastructure and resources.
- To build our knowledge network of occupational disease researchers, and to effectively link with workplace, organizational, provider and community partners.